South Glacier Pioneers
Valid from 11/01 to 04/30/2022
Adult U$D 160.-
Child from 3 to 11 years U$D 125.-
Transfer to Estancia Nibepo Aike U$D 15.-
Patagonian Ranch + Perito Moreno Glacier | daily departures
The Perito Moreno Glacier from Estancia Nibepo Aike, a tour from the steppe to the glacier. The
history of the first pioneers and an authentic Patagonian ranch. A combination of skill
gaucha, asado, navigation, walk. Los Glaciares National Park from its multiple facets.
Departure from El Calafate along the old route 15, the “path of the ranches”, which connects different stories of the
Patagonia: native peoples, pioneers and settlers. A landscape with the imprint of the passage of glaciers,
transition from steppe to mountain range. The landscape is interpreted for its flora, steppe, lenga forest, appearance of the ñire.
Once inside Los Glaciares National Park, at the end of the road, you reach Estancia Nibepo Aike, where the
all the stories. There, where the first settler arrived more than 100 years ago, today there is a room dedicated to the
raising cattle, sheep and horses. Their pens and sheds are toured, where they participate in a
manual shearing demonstration.
In the ranch’s barbecue area, a typical Patagonian lamb barbecue is served, accompanied by salads.
Walk to the pier from where a navigation through the South and Rico Arm of Lake Argentino begins.
The Moreno and Adriana ranges and the Magallanes peninsula frame the landscape. Landing on the beach
Coins, which can only be reached by boat. A 40-minute walk allows you to appreciate the native forest,
where there are still wild cattle, reminiscences of the livestock era before these lands were
declared National Park. The trail goes into the lenga forest, until the Perito Glacier is seen
Brown through the foliage. Leaving the thickness of the forest, you go down to the Glaciar Sur viewpoint: a beach
rocky with privileged view.
Embarked again, the navigation crosses the southern face of the glacier. Opportunity to observe
landslides and appreciate how its front approaches the Magallanes Peninsula, sometimes reaching
on the rock generating a natural dam. You disembark at Bajo de las Sombras port, to arrive by
land to the footbridges that are 6 km. Start the tour from the highest point, with a wide view,
to then descend towards the Canal de Los Témpanos. Along the way you can admire the magnitude
of the glacier from different angles. After spending more than an hour on the footbridges, the vehicle returns to El
Calafate. End of the Pioneers program.
* Excursion in regular.
* Regular transfer In/Out from El Calafate.
* Lunch with drinks.
* Entrance to Los Glaciares National Park.
* Spanish / English bilingual guides. Does not include:
* Transfers from hotels outside of El Calafate
(Aeolus, The Usine).
* 30% discount for children under 12 years old. Children under 2 years old do not pay if they do not occupy a seat.
* In case total or partial navigation is not possible, an alternative plan is made by accessing the Glacier
Perito Moreno from Estancia Nibepo Aike by land, and if possible, sail in front of the Glacier.
There is no refund.
What to bring:
* Sunscreen and sunglasses.
* Sun hat or warm hat.
* Trekking shoes or comfortable shoes.
* Comfortable clothes, to walk in a mountain environment.
* Enough shelter to withstand temperatures of 0°C
* Waterproof jacket since they can touch light or intense rainy days.
* Buff or face and neck protector.
If you have, it is recommended to bring:
* Photography cameras with enough battery.
* Covers waterproof breathable fabric pants.
Technical sheet: Pioneers
Patagonian Ranch + Perito Moreno Glacier
Season: from October 1, 2021 to May 15, 2022.
Regular departures: daily.
Groups: 15 people. Consult in case of larger groups.
Reference schedules: schedules may vary depending on the weather or group dynamics.
* 9:00 a.m.: the tour of the hotels in El Calafate begins.
* 2:00 p.m.: Start of navigation from Nibepo Aike.
* 4:00 p.m.: disembarkation in Bajo las Sombras.
* 7:00 p.m.: arrival in El Calafate (those who return by boat to Nibepo Aike arrive around 6:00 p.m.)
Duration: from El Calafate 9:00 hours / from Nibepo Aike 7 hours. 3 hours of transfer / 1:20 h of navigation / 40
minutes of walking / 1:30 h on footbridges.
Difficulty: easy, no age restrictions. Those who cannot or do not want to walk can stay on board and arrive
to the glacier viewpoint with the boat.
Boat: Ranger Fonzo or Hauthal.
Lunch: roast lamb, variety of salads, dessert, soft drinks and wine.
Departures on December 25 and January 1: departure is delayed 1 hour, consequently El Calafate is reached 1 hour more
afternoon. Lunch consists of steaks accompanied by various salads, dessert and free drinks. is not performed
No hay valoraciones aún.